Tablet. A love story







At first I was rather suspicious about owning a tablet. 


love-your-tablet


My thoughts were “what’s the use of it”? I own a Smartphone and a PC. I don't need anything else. 

To be honest, being a hardcore PC gamer blinded me on the benefits of owning a tablet.


dont-touch-me-you-filthy-casual


So let me just go on ahead and tell you my story.


Firstly, I love reading. I couldn't read on my PC. It was hard and I was getting tired really fast. I couldn't read on my phone because the screen is too small because I'm poor. I only have the Samsung Galaxy Fame. 


samsung-galaxy-fame

Quite the budget phone. But even if I had a bigger phone it would still be hard to read on my phone. That goes for comics too. I just couldn't read any. Which is quite a shame since I love books and comics.


Another thing. Apps. There are so many apps around. They don't exist for pc and my phone is too slow to handle them. Same goes for silly games. Temple run 2, subway surfers etc. 


temple-run-2


I just couldn't see those stuff.



So even though it was hard for me to make the decision I started searching for a tablet. But they were so damn expensive. Until I found my beauty! The Samsung Tab 3 8 inch!


samsung-tab-3-8.0-inch
The photo is from my filthy phone


This tablet was just perfect for me. Huge (8 inches are just about perfect dimensions for me, not too big but not small either) with amazing capabilities and in a perfect price! 



Just only 156 Euros!


homer-crazy-gif



I can only say I am thrilled about owning a tablet now! I hardly use any other device. 

I re-read game of thrones books and so far read all the walking dead comics and a bunch of others too. 


the-walking-dead-comic-robert-kirkman

I saved so much money and became so happy I couldn't possibly believe it. 

Even surfing around is so much better. 9gag with an 8 inch screen is simply spectacular! But the main reason this device is an amazing tool is the fact that I can read any book I like. 

I know books are irreplaceable but you need to consider it budget wise. It’s technically free, first of all. There is also another benefit. You only carry around a small device along and not a bulky book.

So why am I writing this? I was skeptical of tablets. I thought they were useless. To be honest I still believe a tablet worth 500 dollars is ridiculous. 


ipad



But when you can get something so much value for money (in that case Samsung tab 3 8 inch) then it will be your everlasting companion!
 
You can do anything with it. Read, watch, play. Everything to the max. 


So I'm trying to say one thing. Try not to be so skeptical and purist about stuff. 

Not only technology. I was a PC purist and I never got to see the beauty of a tablet. Keep it open. That’s all I've got to say!





post signature

2 comments:

  1. Yeah, your everlasting companion... pass it to your kids 20 years later! I can only imagine how much fun they're gonna make of you!!
    Books, my friend, ARE value for money!
    Although i see your budget point, i'll still vote for books!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey alex! First of all thank you very much for giving up some of your time to comment! Let me just say I completely agree with you on the book subject! Books will be always the best thing. The smell, the feeling the feelings you get out of them are simply the best. But when you try to go on the next best alternative considering budget issues, I will say that the tablet can be a great companion too. Again, thank you for sharing your thoughts!

    ReplyDelete

Back To Top