Nostalgia is how you sell to 90s kids





The other days I was at my village.

I have an old toys collections there.


Action man and Spiderman figures (imported) and of course my favorites.

Transformers of course. So there I saw him. 


bumblebee transformers 90s toy

bumblebee transformers 90s toy

Bumblebee. Beetle of course as it should be.

Not a Chevrolet as it is nowadays. 


bumblebee camaro


A really small toy that gave me such fun as a child.

I keep Optimus at my place even now though. I won’t let him go. No way.

So while I was searching I found a Transformers sticker album! 


transformers panini sticker album


This cartoon was created with a purpose. To sell toys. In any way possible. From sheets to toilet caps. Whatever. 
After that when i was a bit older I met Pokemon.

Again, I bought cards and Game Boy cartridges. An incredible amount of money spent. 


pokemon 90s cards

The question though is one.


Is it ethical to sell toys with such intrusive and barbaric techniques and especially to kids? Who technically don't possess an adult's judgement?

Personally I would have been a different person if I hadn't met those toys.

I don't mind at all that I was (and maybe I am) a consumerism's "victim".

Why? Because it was Awesome!

Because I owe them and they owe me.

Why did it work? It had content!

Essential content.

What I'm trying to say here is that the product was really really good.

And just because it was so good we became the "victims" with amazing results!

Nowadays we are being manipulated by nostalgic marketing! You see Vegeta and Optimus Prime and you almost cry! 


vegeta over 9000


90's kids can be manipulated today with marketing from the past.


Future in marketing for this target group is essentially the past.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Back To Top