Sony did it first!







So I love Sony.


sony logo



I've followed every step they did.

Even the ones that failed hard. Even to those they shouldn't have done. 

To be honest while I'm writing this article I'm listening to "Hello" by Lionel Ritchie


lionel ritchie



Why? Because I get emotional when it comes to Sony.



dem feels



But lets go back to the origins. Lets try and find out why I get emotional.


I was born in 1988. So my age was perfect to follow the console boom.


My uncle had a SNES. And he was playing Mortal Kombat. I wont forget how much I loved the raw violence and the INCREDIBLE graphics right inside my very living room.





Then it was my turn. I got a mega drive.


mega drive

Aladdin was my favorite. But I didn't had a lot of games though. I had one with some bikers (of course 2D) by Electronic Arts! And Yogi bear which was quite fashionable back then. 


my mega drive games


And let us not forget Sonic! 

The most awesome game of the period!



sonic gif




But the mega drive wasn't the one that rocked my world for me. I was way too young.



So then came Christmas of 1994 (or maybe 1995 I'm not quite sure)


I cant recall if it was 1994 or 1995.


I do recall one thing though. My life changed forever.



I was at my village and we had our TV from Athens with us. So the man I call my father had it bought quite some time ago and he said to my mother that she should give it to me during the holidays.





The first thing that happened to me when I saw it ( I knew it was the PlayStation) was a minor stroke.


playstation 1


A minor stroke and then I tore the box apart to open it. I was looking for cables and I tried to make it work. Eventually I did!


I didn't had any games. Just a demo CD with wipeout in it. 



playstation demo disc


It was amazing! For a few days until we returned to Athens I played ALL the time. And the we bought many games. 


I've played hundreds but I passionately remember 3. 


Tomb Raider 2, gran turismo 2 and  FINAL FANTASY VII.


I managed to have hundreds of games though because i had it chipped! 


I never got to complete Tomb Raider. But the first and second level of the game were amazing. The first one with the tigers and the second one in Venice which I was always getting killed. FUCKING ALWAYS!


tomb raider II playstation






Gran Turismo was introduced to me by Nick. Father of Chrisa. One of the first dads who got console craze.



He told me for my first car to get a used Toyota. Eventually I found out he was working at Toyota.



Final Fantasy VII was the game that marked me.

final fantasy 7 playstation


You cannot possibly imagine how much i cried when Aeris died. (spoiler alert lol) 


aeris death




Also I wasn't calling XIII, 13 but X, I, I.


red XIII ff7


That's where I learned to be careful.


It was Formula 1, 97 fault. 

formula 1 97 playstation


I remember i said grand prix and I didn't know the d in the end an the x was silent. After that I got so much yelled at that I learned to watch out.



I grew up having tons of video games in my collection. I was reading in the magazines about when the PS2 will come out. Eventually the man I call a father got it for me. On Christmas day.


playstation 2

Way too many games to love.

Metal gear

metal gear solid 2 sons of liberty ps2

Devil may cry

devil may cry playstation 2


I can talk for hours for each of them. 

The one that marked me was Gran Turismo 3. 

gran turismo 3 ps2


I even had the formula unlocked! I even finished all the endurance stages.



Even when I went to Crete for a few days vacations I had it with me.



The aesthetics of the PS2 were magical. The fact that the logo was able to change its place if you were putting it up was just so pioneering.





Then I got the PSP.

psp 1st gen


I didn't play allot to be honest. And even though I had the first gen I dint jailbreak it.


But then I had to go to the army for 9 months in 2010 and I took it with me.

May I just say that I didn't had a PS3 back then.

So I got the PSP with me. Along with kingdom hearts, gran turismo (really bad) and Grand  Theft Auto. 

OK. Maybe PSP wasn't worth it. But it helped me through a really hard phase of my life, and for that I appreciate it.

While I was in the army I got 5 days off for Christmas.

A guy in the army had told me that metal gear 4 was fucking insane! I went out for a drink and I completed Metal Gear. 




metal gear solid guns of the patriots ps3

 Simply amazing.


mgs4
FUCKING HD!


Since I bought the PS3 I only completed GTA IV and Gran Turismo 5 almost.


I must confess I don't own many PS3 games


I cant afford them. So I play most of then in the Computer.

So lets talk about the title of the article. What  Sony did for first; 
They invented the minimal design and upgrading APPLE uses!





First off. Minimal aesthetics.




The fact that an entertainment console was a piece of art. 

Le us not forget he slim versions of PlayStation.

Apple's tactics are not so different. iPhone 4 and 4s. 



iphone 4/iphone 4s





Sony is a pioneer.


And I would even supported the PS4 but I simply cant afford it right now.


One day I will though. ONE DAY I FUCKING WILL!


post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment

Back To Top