Rocky. Tribute to one of the best







Why rocky is one of the best movies ever?


rocky

Rocky isn't just a movie about boxing. It was way more. 


Now before I begin I just want to say I only identify 2.5 Rocky movies. 



First the original rocky, then Rocky IV and the 0.5 is rocky II.



So what are we going to do? I'm going to talk about the feelings part on Rocky and then we are going to the dork countdown of why Rocky is one of the best movies of my childhood and my adult self.


By the first look at Rocky you can see that it's the ultimate allegory of the American dream. You CAN get the chance to actually make your dreams come true. But you need to fight for them. Quite simple and cliche I'd say. 


But in the second reading you see way more. You see the struggle of the person who is not living the American dream. The mere fact that he gets to live it is pure coincidence. After all they pick Rocky out of pure luck. We know that luck is irrelevant though. 

So the second reading is a heavy blame on the U.S. and the American dream. I know I might sound crazy but it has a bit of something of an Italian film. The classic Italian cinema. Some scenes are so earthly and real that you live inside it. 



Then of course you get the baroque contradiction.

rocky

The exaggeration. The exaggeration of the American dream. An allegory saying the American dream is coincidental and for the rest huge bulk of population lives only a dream. This movie shows us that a community and few loved ones are the things you actually need. Nothing else. The dream is a lie. 




That is why i feel that I love this movie. 





Is it only that though? Of course not! This movie is kick ass! There so many awesome stuff about it that I'm listing them right now! Let us run!


batman gif




1. Montage!


First off. Put the video on play. Then slowly scroll down.








rocky montage


rocky montage

rocky montage
gaaaaaaaaaaaaay
rocky montage

rocky montage

rocky montage

rocky montage

rocky montage

rocky montage

Some of most EPIC fucking montages of the '80s came out of these movies! Did I say '80s? OK I mean of all time!

I cannot possibly describe how much of a man I feel every time I see a Rocky montage!




2. DRAGO.



OK Rocky IV was by far the most obvious propaganda movie that could ever be. Nevertheless. There is no second of this movie that I am not feeling like "KILL THE RUSSIAN BITCH" and "OMG I AM SUCH A MAN" and shit. BUT, at this part I'd like to say this. There is NO possible way if this wasn't a movie that Rocky could possibly ever win the bear. 



The power of the soul has nothing to with a guy who scores 1850 at some ridiculous robot test!

drago rocky
drago rocky
drago rocky
drago rocky



I hardly think that they could find a better personification for Russian power and Communism. 




drago rocky



TAKE THAT COMMUNISM!


drago rocky

drago rocky







3. The chick from Rocky IV. 


She wasn't gonna be at the list, but I recently found out that the spectacularly brutal and really sexy '80s chick actually is Red Sonja! And now another one! She was Married to BOTH Stallone and Schwarzenegger! Brigitte Nielsen by the way.


red sonja


red sonja
Yep

red sonja
YEP YEP

red sonja

red sonja

  


4. The robot.


It was the '80s. I am not going to say anything else about this matter.

rocky robot

rocky robot

rocky robot



5. Handicapped awareness.


rocky

rocky

rocky


rocky

rocky

Now this is both funny and serious. Actually within the movie they give a shallow feeling of how they treat people with retardation such as Rocky. It is really funny but yet they actually do get the message through that we need to respect people. 




6. The puns



rocky

rocky

Taken in consideration these are actually pretty deep.






And then there is that. 


rocky durr
durr




post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment

Back To Top