Are you a movie or a series guy?









We all go through a phase.


We have become so much digital that, while we are viewing a series we view Facebook or browse in general too, on a second screen or in our smartphone.



multitasking


I noticed that during my second year in college.


It was hard for me to watch a whole movie.



I was always getting distracted.


There was no possible way I would watch all of it. That makes me feel sad though because I love movies.


I've really seen a lot of movies. There were days from when I was 15 until at least I got 21 that I was probably watching  3 movies a day.

(burn)




The only thing I knew about series was Friends.

A sitcom.




And full metal alchemist at my PC by torrent

ouroboros



I wasn't watching so many series.



But I was observing my self during a movie going in to Facebook or checking out my torrents.



So one day in college I was discussing publicly about my favorite subject (by destroying my social image) with my beloved nerd friends and John the truth.


My favorite subject? Star Wars! 


So I was saying I was looking for a show or whatever with Star wars references.


How i met your mother star wars


How i met your mother star wars


A minor intermission here.



I am not talking about:

south parkfamily guyAmerican dadSimpsons and all the rest animated shows which I watch like a maniac except Family guy nowadays which is shit.


randy south park



I am talking about a series with real people!


So John the truth said I should totally check out How I met your mother and the Big bang theory.


He said it had crazy Star Wars references.


So it started.


I saw the first 5 season of HIMYM within a few days.


I really bonded with the show. So what made me bond?

highest of fives


Building a relationship on a weekly basis for years?


I don't that's only it.


I haven't seen Darth Vader for years but I love him ever since the day I first listened to his breathing.

darth vader breath



Obi-wan if you did that to your best friend what would you do to an enemy? Damn you Obi-wan!

obi wan meme




 Unfortunately a huge factor that kept me was the fact that each episode was 20 minutes.


And I lasted with it because it wasn't lasting long.


We are in a bad turning point in history.


We can't focus on anything for more than 1-2 seconds.


We are multitasking all the time and we miss the essence.



How are you going to read a book when you can't focus?


I only read Harry Potter page by page without even breaks.



Not even Tolkien, not even George R R martin managed to do that for me.

I was taking breaks. 


So why am I writing all these down? Having seen any 20 minute show, at a point 45 minute ones became trendier. Which was hard for me to focus. 



For that I thank Fringe.


fringe wallpaper

RESPECT


blogger post signature the wizard has spoken



No comments:

Post a Comment

Back To Top