Facebook is the wolf of Wall Street





Why am I saying that? what is the point I want to prove? 

Why do I believe that Facebook is the Wolf of Wall Street?


wolf of wall street


Well for me it's pretty easy to say this. 

But in order to be able to better explain it let me just go on a brief summary on the Wolf of Wall Street. 

It's about a very young stockbroker whom makes millions (tons of millions) by selling stocks. Meanwhile he is living a crazy life full of drugs and an incredible amount of women. 



wolf of wall street

wolf of wall street party


For me that is the dream and I completely respect it. But there is one thing we need to consider. Jordan Belfort, the Wolf of Wall Street was selling Penny Stocks. 



trash


Penny Stocks are so worthless stocks that are not even traded in the stock market. Is what we would call today, a startup business. Belfort would convince people to buy a huge amount of penny stocks while on the other hand he was also getting a share of the stocks. When the stocks reached top, he would sell for top profit, while destroying the business and the poor people who sold the stocks to. 


So what is the deal with me? You can have as many drugs as you like and fuck as many women as you want. But you can't destroy so many people's lives on the way.


jesus christ
LOL


What does that have to do with Facebook right?


facebook logo



Ok now that I have set up a common ground for us to understand let me go ahead and say that the penny stock market is the startups and Kickstarter and Facebook is on the same time the Wolf of Wall Street and the Stock Market.




It's a win win situation to be honest. 

So Facebook goes out and buys Oculus rift and WhatsApp.



What has gotten me really angry is obviously the Oculus rift. It got me angry for a number of reasons. 

First of. Every time little Mark wants something he is just gonna rub a few billions up your face and boom you sell?

I mean lets not be ridiculous, If I was given two billion I would sell in an instant. But the thing is that Oculus was on Kickstarter. 


kickstarter logo


Supposedly this platform will fund your project bottom up. From the people. People gave money to Oculus because they believed that something special could come up with that. And there he goes. Sold it. To Facebook for 2 billion. 


It's not only the people. It's what is coming with it. Developers payed money for Oculus creation pack. And now that is owned by Facebook they really don't like that turnout. 




Which brings me to the point I want to make. 


Facebook goes around and buys anything. I mean literally anything they like. Which is common practice to keep a business of that size to grow. It was fine when it was done with platforms that were relevant such as instagram. 


instagram logo


But how about stuff that might not be such relevant? If they don't like Oculus they can simply de-fund it in an instant. 


What I am trying to say is that Facebook is doing reckless moves that hurt people. They force people to embrace Facebook in a way. You couldn't do anything else if it's all around you.



Is it legal? So far as it looks like yes. Is it ethical?



I don't know. You tell me. 




post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment

Back To Top